SUBMERSIBEL SUMP PUMP VS PEDESTAL SUMPPUMP
Keeping your basement safe from flooding is one of the most important measure and for that installation of the sump pump is very much necessary. If one is thinking of installation of sump pump which is more like a life line for your basements , one has to choose between submersible sump pump and pedestal sump pump.
A sump pump helps in forcing the water that gets gathered in the basement to an area away from the home, saving it from flooding.
Thesumppumpguides offers you the advantages and disadvantages of both the sump pumps for helping you to choose between the two.
Submersible sump pump places both the pump and the motor inside the container.
- Installed beneath the basement
- not in way of any furniture
- have larger horse power than pedestal
- larger sump pump pumps out water faster than pedestal
- Difficult to get it repaired
- Expensive to repair
PEDESTAL SUMP PUMP:
Pedestal sump pump places motor above the floor and hose into reservoir.
- Less expensive
- Last longer
- Not prone to water damage
- Cheap repair
- Lacks the power needed to pump out large quantity
- may not pump out water faster